CSToys Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted: Pink fleece Babo from Japan

3 posters

Go down

Wanted: Pink fleece Babo from Japan Empty Wanted: Pink fleece Babo from Japan

Post  GrlScout Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:05 pm

I believe these were in ugly UFO catcher machines and sold at STITCH a few years back. Any help is appreciated.

GrlScout

Antal indlæg : 4

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Pink fleece Babo from Japan Empty Re: Wanted: Pink fleece Babo from Japan

Post  SuperBen Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:00 am

Do you have a picture of what this looks like? Is it a normal plush or somethign different?

SuperBen
Admin

Antal indlæg : 47

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Pink fleece Babo from Japan Empty Re: Wanted: Pink fleece Babo from Japan

Post  wadiefong Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:29 am

SuperBen! Thanks for letting us know about the Adoption Center Razz

I believe this person is looking for the Uverchans from the gaming vending machines. albino I wonder if this person knows about the ULTRA cool, original PINK UVERS?

wadiefong

Antal indlæg : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperBen Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:33 am

Aww. I just sold a complete set of UVERs. I do have one more blue one in my webstore.

UVERChan Blue

Wanted: Pink fleece Babo from Japan IMG_0184 Wanted: Pink fleece Babo from Japan IMG_0185

SuperBen
Admin

Antal indlæg : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  GrlScout Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:16 pm

It looks like Wadiefong owns some. It is pictured in the top main left picture. You are a great photographer, Wadiefong! Any more info on pink Babo plush would be appreciated. Where did you get yours?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7768849@N05/

GrlScout

Back to top Go down

Post  wadiefong Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:40 pm

Thank you for your kind compliment GrlScout! The two Pink Babos you see in the Flickr photos, I lovingly refer to them as the Pink Babo Twins.

That clarifies it then, you were actually referring to a Pink Babo in your post. I was a bit confused, as you mentioned UFO catcher machines. The Uverchans were available for a limited time, as prizes, in the UFO catcher machines. The Pink Babos are handmades (or Pedigrees, as I fondly call them) by Sun-Min. They are not available in stores, as the pink colorway has not been mass produced.

As for info on the PBT’s . Pink Babo #1 was adopted from the very first Uglycon #1 show, way back in December 2006, held at the Giant Robot GR2 gallery store. People formed a long line for a chance to see Uglycon, and to perhaps adopt a Pedigree or two. Ugly Moms and Dads were limited to an adoption of 2 Pedigrees, during the show.

Here is a photo of PB #1, hanging out on the gallery wall
Wanted: Pink fleece Babo from Japan Uc01baboimg016620061211

And here is a photo of PB #1 (lower left of photo), amid a wall of Rainbow Uglies!
Wanted: Pink fleece Babo from Japan Uc01babowallimg02082006

A very dear friend of mine, traveled all the way to Tokyo, Japan, to see the Stitch Ugly Show and to help me adopt PB#2.
Here is a story I posted on the Uglydoll Forum, you can see more pics of the PB Twins there.
http://forum.uglydolls.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1405&sid=8433a2ae9adbba56e8d37eb160320bfc
*Notice in the first photo, that there is a PB (to the left) with a little string hanging out of the back of his head. This is his “umbilical cord” (another term of fondness I use!), which was used to hang him on the Uglycon gallery walls. The PB on the right, is PB #2, from Stitch. PB#2 does not have an umbilical cord, but he was “tattooed”.

Don’t despair, adopting Pedigrees requires a lot of patience! Hope this helps! I love you

wadiefong

Antal indlæg : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  GrlScout Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:33 pm

Wow, Wadiefong, I really enjoyed your story. You are a great writer too! Thank you for sharing it with me.

GrlScout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down