CSToys Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here and Gone: Toys Sold Out Fast

+5
DOA40
Delta
cstoysjapan
ExplodingShark
Dragon-FangX
9 posters

Go down

Here and Gone: Toys Sold Out Fast Empty Here and Gone: Toys Sold Out Fast

Post  Dragon-FangX Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:22 am

One thing I've found amusing sense I began watching and buying from CS Toys is the insane speed some items sell out. I know cause some items I purchase are sold out not long after. Today is no exception with the release of a lot of new items. Already sold out are:

Kamen Rider W Prop Plus Petit Mini Figure with mini-charm (NOTE: I bought 3. Sorry ^^; )
Kamen Rider W & Goseiger 2010 The Movie Pamphlet with Gambaride & Dice-Oh card
Tensou Sentai Goseiger Gosei Tensward
Ultra Monster Series EX Ultraman Belial Giga Battlnizer Ver.

Hopefully Mr S thought ahead and kept atleast one of most of these to demonstrate next week.

In comparison to all that was put up today, its not much but remember how fast several of the Capsule Gaia Memories sold out when they came out a few weeks ago. And if it wasn't for the high volume Mr S got, the Lost Driver might have been sold out already if its really popular.

But I haven't been around as long as some people. If anyone has any stories to share of items that were just here and gone, I'd love to hear.
Dragon-FangX
Dragon-FangX

Antal indlæg : 35

Back to top Go down

Here and Gone: Toys Sold Out Fast Empty Re: Here and Gone: Toys Sold Out Fast

Post  ExplodingShark Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:27 am

I got the KRW & TSG movie pamphlet with the cards 'n' stuff. Also bought 3 of the Prop Plus Petit thingies. But yeah, shit sells out fast. But when they do it can be very annnnnoying. Like, the Dopant Memory. THAT was annoying. OH HEY, I GOT IT IN MY CART. GOT THROUGH THE CHECKOUT. CLICK 'CONFIRM'. "Sorry we're sold out." FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--

Edit: Oh yeah, and SHF Fang Joker. He's now SHF Fag Joker to me.
ExplodingShark
ExplodingShark

Antal indlæg : 100

Back to top Go down

Here and Gone: Toys Sold Out Fast Empty Low Stockings at CSTOYS

Post  cstoysjapan Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Hi :-),

Against our sincere wish to supply more of our items, the challenges with the limited stockings at our store are from either of the limited budget, stocking place, or low distributions from our wholesalers. And we don't just stand here and wait for all the necessities to come by. We are planning to rent a better office and a stock room with reasonable fees with a help of a subsidy from Matsuyama City which should make our activities more efficient and smoother. And we sincerely hope this will make our another step to grow and be at your better service soon.

CSTOYS International

Last edited by cstoysjapan on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
cstoysjapan
cstoysjapan
Admin

Antal indlæg : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  ExplodingShark Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Ignore this post.
ExplodingShark
ExplodingShark

Antal indlæg : 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon-FangX Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:28 am

Once again, I notice just how quickly things vanish, in this case by how much frenzy there is over them being new most likely. This time, with in the first couple minutes of them being up today, CS Toys already ran out of:

KR OOO DX OOO Driver
KR OOO Combo Change Series 1 Tatoba Combo
SHF Figureart Monkey D. Luffy
SHF Figureart Portgas D. Ace

While Ace, Luffy, and TATOBA combo running out aren't too impressive only because there weren't many, OOO Driver is certainly impressive. I'll admit, I bought one so I'm to blame myself. The other two I purchased this time, the MedalJalibur and the Taka Candroid, still are there. I'll wait to see if they sell out soon too. Razz
Dragon-FangX
Dragon-FangX

Back to top Go down

Post  Delta Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:25 am

Ahh, I remember a story like that. I was about to buy the joker capsule memory, but then I refreshed the page, and bam "item is out of stock". A similar thing occurred when I saw Sh figuarts Dark Kabuto, I placed it into my cart, but when I was about to check out, it was out of stock. Things really do come and go lol. Surprised
Delta
Delta

Antal indlæg : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  DOA40 Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:09 pm

I was going to buy the OOO Driver, until I saw that with S&H, it would have been $104. That's a little out of my price range at the moment. HOPEFULLY, the price will come down some at some point. But for right now, no way I'm gonna spend over $100 on some toy belt. Sorry, but no thank you.
DOA40
DOA40

Antal indlæg : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon-FangX Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:18 pm

DOA40 wrote:I was going to buy the OOO Driver, until I saw that with S&H, it would have been $104. That's a little out of my price range at the moment. HOPEFULLY, the price will come down some at some point. But for right now, no way I'm gonna spend over $100 on some toy belt. Sorry, but no thank you.
I can understand. I originally planned to buy both Candroids with my OOO Driver and MedalJalibur but when the candroid price was added in, for shipping, it would have been nearly $300. When i took out one of the Candroids, it went down to nearly $200.

I wish Japan postal had the flat rate boxes like US postal has. Then might be cheaper as I'm guessing weight and size of the box plays a factor in the price. Sad
Dragon-FangX
Dragon-FangX

Back to top Go down

Post  DOA40 Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:01 pm

Dragon-FangX:>> I never bought the Decade Driver because of the same problem. When the S&H was factored in, it was once again over $100 and I just can't see myself paying that much for a toy (even if it is cool). I checked out E-bay and some other places to see what the average price for the OOO Driver right now is and they are ranging around or above $100.

I mean, I love KR and Sentai toys, but when I'm breaking an entire check to buy one, my priorities have to shift a little. I'll probably wait and see if the price comes down a bit after the shows been on the air for a bit longer and they can get more stock in. Sadly, I feel that they probably won't and I'll have to skip out on another cool-looking belt.
DOA40
DOA40

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon-FangX Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Another weekend update to the store and, surprisingly, only one item ran out by the time I got on an hour after everything was up. That item was:

KRW Rider Goods Collection 2010 with T2 Gaia Memory (Joker) Exclusive

I out right knew that the magazine would be gone in the blink of an eye due to all the W fans and collectors wanting to get their hands on that T2 Joker memory. I had no interest in it so I wasn't heart broken but I was surprised by two items that DIDN'T sell out this weekend:

Gambaride Deck Carrying File with OOO's Medal Holder
Legend Rider Series Henshin Belt Kamen Rider KUUGA

The Carrying File's non-departure was good for me as I wanted it for my dismal yet growing collection of Ganbaride and Dice-Oh cards. It seemed general interested in during Friday's CS Toys Pack-and-Ship show so i assumed, with its low price, people would jump on it. I'm glad I was wrong.

The Kuuga belt for the Legend Rider Series was a surprise as it wasn't shown during the Friday show. If it was simple restock, I don't think it would have been added to the front with the rest of the new arrivals. Yet still I was surprised to not see it flash away when it went up, do to the belt collectors out there or the popularity of Kuuga. But Then again, maybe some people didn't know of its arrival. After last week's arrival of OOO merchandise, this week's new list seemed small in comparison so some may not have gone to check on update day and see the belt.

Maybe there wasn't alot of merchandise of interest this week? Or perhaps this is the first signs of things slowing down now that the new school semester has begun? I will note that the updates of OOO Driver, Medaljalibur, and TaToBa Combo Combine Figure are all still in stock after there restock.

Who knows.
Dragon-FangX
Dragon-FangX

Back to top Go down

Post  ShukuenShinobi Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:52 pm

As far as the Kuuga Belt is concerned, it's Legend Rider, and the only good Legend Rider belt is Ryuki. The Kuuga belt, while a new item for CS Toys, isn't a new item on the market, so many were probably aware of how mediocre it was.

When an item is new, it sells out quickly, and things die down a bit. That kinda cycle is just something that happens.

As for those of you commenting about the shipping price, I can say that other methods won't break the bank. CS Toys is like a second home to me, I love the staff, the supporters, and the customer service, but the shipping prices are something that needs to be addressed, as I know for a fact they are quite a bit inflated, even if it is unintentional.
ShukuenShinobi
ShukuenShinobi
Admin

Antal indlæg : 452
Geografisk sted : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon-FangX Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:08 pm

I think what ever price Mr S put in at the time that totals up for shipping was meant to cover the single, one item boxes, to make it worth the packaging, and may not take into account things like lots of smaller items in a single box or bigger single items, maybe with several smaller items inside the box.

Whatever the cause, I love CS Toys for the people and the demos and all live packing and all that around here but if I knew of some other places that sold this type of merchandise, I might be more likely to purchase threw them. Seriously, CS Toys is one of only 2 online stores I know of and CS Toys is much more user friendly. I don't think i remember what the other sites even named.
Dragon-FangX
Dragon-FangX

Back to top Go down

Post  DOA40 Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 pm

I wasn't really complaining, per se, about the S&H. More like venting. I was really looking forward to the OOO Driver coming out and then when I saw that it was going to be over $100 to get it, I kinda lost my mind. No offense was intended, nor was it implied. I love CS Toys, ever since I found it, it has become my #1 place to buy Sentai and Kamen Rider stuff.
DOA40
DOA40

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon-FangX Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:39 am

Well, this week wasn't a big update per-say but still, we had one quick sell out:

KR OOO Capsule Toy Medal 1 Complete (8 medals + Ryuga): 9800 yen

Now, obviously, this quick sell out wasn't too surprising given there was only one, Mr S keeping the other Ryuga medal for testing. Still, who ever got it didn't bat an eyelash at the price and just swooped in and took it as soon as it went up.

The rest of this week's items, including the release of full boxes of ten Prop Plus Petit W figures, are all still available. The coins aren't too big of a surprise most likely that, with the one full set gone, the aspect of collecting the whole set is also gone. And with the prices for the remaining Rider Core medals 700 or about $8, the idea of buying these or waiting for the candy toy versions, hopefully, down the road looks better.

I will admit that I bought all 4 rider core medals available. I was originally going to avoid the W and wait for the candy toy... BUT the green so far looks better then the clear of the candy toy CJX medal so decided to get it so I have a better looking medal. The total cost was $33 before shipping, $55 after shipping. But I gritted my teeth and barred down.... please don't let the candy medals be this expensive. T.T
Dragon-FangX
Dragon-FangX

Back to top Go down

Post  ShukuenShinobi Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:51 am

Dragon-FangX wrote:Well, this week wasn't a big update per-say but still, we had one quick sell out:

KR OOO Capsule Toy Medal 1 Complete (8 medals + Ryuga): 9800 yen

Now, obviously, this quick sell out wasn't too surprising given there was only one, Mr S keeping the other Ryuga medal for testing. Still, who ever got it didn't bat an eyelash at the price and just swooped in and took it as soon as it went up.

The rest of this week's items, including the release of full boxes of ten Prop Plus Petit W figures, are all still available. The coins aren't too big of a surprise most likely that, with the one full set gone, the aspect of collecting the whole set is also gone. And with the prices for the remaining Rider Core medals 700 or about $8, the idea of buying these or waiting for the candy toy versions, hopefully, down the road looks better.

I will admit that I bought all 4 rider core medals available. I was originally going to avoid the W and wait for the candy toy... BUT the green so far looks better then the clear of the candy toy CJX medal so decided to get it so I have a better looking medal. The total cost was $33 before shipping, $55 after shipping. But I gritted my teeth and barred down.... please don't let the candy medals be this expensive. T.T

For the record, before anyone starts throwing guesses around, it wasn't me who got that set. I got a set of 8 (Seriously, 5,000 Yen for a MEDAL. Ryuga can screw himself.) off YJ for like 2800 Yen.

Anywho, the Candy Toy medals should probably be about the same price, I think the Candy Toy's retail price is around 300 Yen just like the Gashapon's are.
ShukuenShinobi
ShukuenShinobi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Here and Gone: Toys Sold Out Fast Empty Ongoing Price for Ryouga on YJ

Post  cstoysjapan Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:09 am

Hi,

It may not be the best time to post this from us but we just want to make the Ryuga medal issue clear. The auction price for the 9 complete sets on YJ are going for 5500 yen now and 23 hours left at this point.

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n92616032

It will probably goes up more by the auction ends tomorrow. However, most of the buyout prices for the complete set is around 10000 yen, And we really didn't think it will sell the fast but we are confident with what we have priced on the set considering the strong needs domestically here.

Ryuga, one in 50 capsules, IS hard to get.

Masaki Seike
Japan Regional Director
CSTOYS INTERNATIONAL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
611-7 Kumanodai Matsuyama Ehime
JAPAN 791-8016
TEL/FAX: 089-922-5801

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/cstoys
Online Store:http://www.cstoysjapan.com/
E-mail: orders@cstoysjapan.com
cstoysjapan
cstoysjapan
Admin

Antal indlæg : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon-FangX Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:39 pm

The Ryuga thing is just ridicules. Why did they decide to make a rare? They didn't do this with the Gaia Memories as far as I know, so why was there the sudden change up to make the rider medals rare and have the super rare Ryuga medal that few people will be able to get?

Is Ryuga lined with gold? Is the chip inside him made of jade? Why did they choose to make a rare in the first place?

Only reason I can come up with would be because, unlike the Gaia Memories, the medals work with the Ganbaride and, like cards, they made a rare medal to go with, probably, a rare card. Which stinks for the collectors who just want it for the belt. >.<
Dragon-FangX
Dragon-FangX

Back to top Go down

Post  ShukuenShinobi Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:25 pm

Mr. S, to make it clear, I'm not upset at you for the Ryuga Medal Pricing, your price was dead on to what sets on YJ are going for it. It's Bandai I'm upset with. Smile

To answer Dragon-Fang,

To get people to put more money into the Gashapon Machines in hopes of getting it. Also, the Capsule GaiaMemory sets had rare Memories too, however the ratio was 2-5/50 as opposed to 1, so the effect wasn't as widely noticed. I think Bandai knows the Medals are going to be a bit harder to market than the Memories, and so they needed to do something to make people more interested in putting their money into the Gashapon Machines, hence the Ryuga Medal.
ShukuenShinobi
ShukuenShinobi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon-FangX Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:39 am

I'll say it might be a hard sell. Kids just spent months collecting the gaia memories. Now they have to restart with medals now, which don't do nearly as much though look cooler (personal opinion of mine).
Dragon-FangX
Dragon-FangX

Back to top Go down

Post  jeremythedestroyer Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:05 pm

The OOO medal set 1 sold out as quickly as it was activated. I wasn't trying get it as I don't own an OOO Driver and that be pointless buying something for a toy you don't own.
jeremythedestroyer
jeremythedestroyer

Antal indlæg : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  KamenRiderBritannia Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:16 pm

i got one xD WOOOOO!!! RATORATA RATORAAAAAATAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! >Very Happy
KamenRiderBritannia
KamenRiderBritannia

Antal indlæg : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  Strikees Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:00 pm

I'm glad you all got what you wanted and came for.
Now I think I will go and buy ALL the chocolates again!
Strikees
Strikees
Admin

Antal indlæg : 497
Geografisk sted : Denmark

https://cstoysjapan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon-FangX Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:50 pm

I almost forgot it came out today! I'm glad I got in when I did cause as soon as Paypal cleared and the purchase was confirmed, the medals were gone.

Thank god I remembered otherwise I'd have been kicking myself!
Dragon-FangX
Dragon-FangX

Back to top Go down

Post  Strikees Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:08 am

Dragon-FangX wrote:I almost forgot it came out today! I'm glad I got in when I did cause as soon as Paypal cleared and the purchase was confirmed, the medals were gone.

Thank god I remembered otherwise I'd have been kicking myself!
It's a toy.. So perhaps that is "over doing it" just a bit? :p
Strikees
Strikees
Admin

Antal indlæg : 497
Geografisk sted : Denmark

https://cstoysjapan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon-FangX Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Strikees wrote:It's a toy.. So perhaps that is "over doing it" just a bit? :p

Given how popular a mere toy has become and how hard it is to fine, my reaction if I had forgotten stands. I would have been mad sense I risk it not showing back up and worse, I'd have to go to ebay and pay double if not triple for it. XD
Dragon-FangX
Dragon-FangX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum