CSToys Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CS Toys Blog

+3
Strikees
ExplodingShark
Ryokuya
7 posters

Go down

CS Toys Blog Empty CS Toys Blog

Post  Ryokuya Fri May 21, 2010 10:23 pm

So I've been thinking about this for some time and I finally got around in making the layout and everything. I'm thinking that we open a tokusatsu & toys blog. I'm prepping up the site and I just need a team of bloggers interested. The thing about having a team is that we can get the most hits if we keep up the news. We can alternate with each other for news articles. You don't have to be so dedicated to your own blog but your free to use yours.

The requirements are that you have to be a CSToys supporter, you got to love tokusatsu, always in the loop of things for news, a toy lover, someone who likes to blog and who can write in english. Finally here are the positions:

Editor in Chief – The big guy in charge who checks all the articles if they look good and approves them. They write as well. They can also create special weekly articles.

Deputy Editor – This guy is basically an editor in chief without the chief. Think of him as the partner to the chief.

Reviews Editor – The guy who reviews the reviews, from written to video. This person makes sure that its safe to put up and with as little error as possible.

Contributing Editor – This guy is here just to make sure the English conventions are in check and just want help the leading editors.

Reporters (Asia, America & Europe) – These guys post whatever news comes up, they bring the latest to the breaking news.

Contributing Columnists – These guys don’t have much dedication to putting up news but they still want to show the world what’s new.

Contributing Reviewers – These people review, from video to written and help you make a decision on what’s a good buy and what’s not.

So you see this could be a big thing if this develops enough and all I need is your help to make it happen; we can possibly make money off this. I don’t plan to be Editor in Chief since I’d rather administrate the site to make sure it runs but I will also contribute to the blog. I would especially like it if Shuki would be interested in taking that position Smile. If some of these positions are not filled then I will just cut them depending on the situation. I would really like it if you’d join. There are a lot of freedoms to this such as advertising your work, writing about your own personal stuff, writing about games and movies. So come, try it out and join the team.

Here is a preview of it so far, it is based on wordpress. So if you have used wordpress before its a plus for you Smile.
CS Toys Blog Cstoysblogpreview
Ryokuya
Ryokuya
Admin

Antal indlæg : 29

Back to top Go down

CS Toys Blog Empty Re: CS Toys Blog

Post  ExplodingShark Sat May 22, 2010 12:51 am

Editor in Chief would be a cool job for meeee. <3
ExplodingShark
ExplodingShark

Antal indlæg : 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Strikees Sat May 22, 2010 8:11 am

ExplodingShark wrote:Editor in Chief would be a cool job for meeee. <3
May god have mercy on our souls..
Strikees
Strikees
Admin

Antal indlæg : 497
Geografisk sted : Denmark

https://cstoysjapan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ShukuenShinobi Sat May 22, 2010 4:53 pm

I can vouch for Sharkie's writing talent. As long as he proofreads as well as he writes, I think he'd be great in one of those Editor positions.

While I have my own blog to keep up, I'd be more than happy to combine my efforts and post there as well. If you wish for me to be Editor in Chief, I'd be more than happy too, and I'd love to even share the title with Sharkie if that's cool, and just dump the Deputy Editor position. Whatever works, but I'd love to help out in any way I can, as a lot of news often get overlooked on my blog due to my focus on my reviews.
ShukuenShinobi
ShukuenShinobi
Admin

Antal indlæg : 452
Geografisk sted : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Post  ExplodingShark Sat May 22, 2010 4:58 pm

D'awww, thanks for vouching for me Shuki! Very Happy I'm happy with whatever. Smile So, Mr.Admin, you have a lot of options. Just make sure you update us with what's going on. Smile Now, I'm off to bed. Night folks!

Edit: Oh yeah, might be worth mentioning that me and Shuki have used wordpress before.
ExplodingShark
ExplodingShark

Antal indlæg : 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryokuya Sat May 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Sounds good to me. So we'll have two Editors in Chief, but I still need a few more positions to be filled if so. I'm wondering if you guys know anyone else who'd like to combine efforts and make this blog work. So if you do know let them know and me know. I'm thinking maybe Emperor might be interested or even Jedi. You guys are allowed to post your video reviews and vlogs on the site, too Wink. Even your new podcast Shuki. I'll skype you guys if you have it so we can discuss a bit more on what we'll cover and how we'll operate this.
Ryokuya
Ryokuya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KO-35 Sat May 22, 2010 10:15 pm

There's this but it hasn't been updated in a bit...
http://www.cs-toys.com/CSTOYS_INTERNATIONAL/BLOG/BLOG.html
KO-35
KO-35

Antal indlæg : 104
Geografisk sted : Maine

Back to top Go down

Post  DOA40 Tue May 25, 2010 2:54 pm

I could be a Contributing Reviewer. I like to write and as soon as I save up some money, I'm gonna buy a digital recorder so I can start doing video reviews of some of the toys I have.
DOA40
DOA40

Antal indlæg : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryokuya Tue May 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Sounds good DOA, your on the team, the blog will be ready for staff by late Friday. Just sign up and I'll set up your accounts.
Ryokuya
Ryokuya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryokuya Thu May 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Here is the website for the Blog:

http://cstoysblog.x10hosting.com/ (This crashed)

www.cstoysblog.com

It is approved by Mr. S so it's official Smile

Last edited by Ryokuya on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryokuya
Ryokuya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DOA40 Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Is anyone else having trouble getting into the blog. I have been trying for a week now and I keep getting the same message: "Problem loading page".
DOA40
DOA40

Antal indlæg : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  Eugene Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:06 pm

DOA40 wrote:Is anyone else having trouble getting into the blog. I have been trying for a week now and I keep getting the same message: "Problem loading page".

Try this Link DOA40: http://cstoysblog.blogspot.com/

I think this one link you had has been moved to the One I just put down. I'll Talk to Ryokuya and see what's the deal might be server Issues.
Eugene
Eugene

Antal indlæg : 61
Geografisk sted : Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryokuya Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:18 am

Just to make sure there is no confusion the blog has been moved to blogger as suggested by Mr. S and I have also purchased a domain so we are now:

www.cstoysblog.com

If you have not been registered yet to this new blog or not have been able post anything it is most likely you do not have an account yet here. So to fix this just give me your emails, you can PM me here or you can email the CSToys Blog at cstoysblog@gmail.com

Sorry for the problems and confusion.

P.S. We are still looking for Reporters and Reviewers.
Ryokuya
Ryokuya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum